Director of HIM for Clinical Reimbursement Services
Montefiore Medical Center
The Director of HIM for Clinical Reimbursement Services plays a leading role in meeting the challenges presented by the changing regulatory environment to assure the delivery of efficient and effective services that meet the clinical and business needs of Montefiore.
This position is in Tarrytown, NY.
- Directs the daily activities for the Clinical Reimbursement Services business line in HIM to ensure that the business goals and objectives are achieved for coding and denial management.
- Collaborate with information technology and other departments in the planning, development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure integrity of the medical record, complete and accurate coding, and compliance with vagaries of reimbursement methodologies and coding classifications for various third-party payors.
- The Director must be knowledgeable in various coding classifications and reimbursement methodologies and with the denial and appeal processes or payment contracts.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures, prepares and monitors the budget for his/her area of responsibility and provides directions and guidance to managers in the business to ensure effective and efficient processes, staff development and training and use of resources.
- Credentials in an HIM related specialty (RHIA/RHIT/CHDA/CRCC etc.) preferred.
- Experience in HIM operations in a complex healthcare environment and Knowledge of the principles and functions of an HIM Department
- Knowledge of State & Federal regulations and TJC standards regarding Medical Records and Information Management
- Knowledge and experience with use of technology in an HIM setting.
- Knowledge of Coding Classifications and reimbursement methodologies.
- Candidate must also be knowledgeable regarding requirements for reporting of patient information and coded data for quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills — Written and Oral
- Demonstrated knowledge in use of spreadsheets analytics etc.
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To Be Considered:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a résumé, cover letter summarizing their interest and background to Ann Marie Atako, AATAKO@montefiore.org.