Are you interested in posting an opportunity? Click here to complete the online job board submission form.
FOJP Service Corporation
FOJP Service Corporation has an exciting Claim Coder position available in their NYC office! Are you certified in ICD-9 and ICD-10? Are you a strong inpatient coder, but are looking for a new challenge working for a growing not-for-profit? Then the Claim Coder position at FOJP is right for you!
This position is responsible for submitting reports and payment information to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) for claims made against any insured while also ensuring compliance with New York State DOH regulations. Additional responsibilities include completing claim coding according to departmental and organizational standards.
- Analyze medical malpractice claims by identifying issues, events, diagnosis and procedures that resulted in the action. Prepare summary and assign the appropriate ICD codes that apply to the case.
- Review claims to formulate a synopsis of facts and collaborate with claims examiners regarding the synopsis as needed.
- Make corrections to NPDB draft reports sent for physician review.
- Submit approved reports to NPDB, and NYS Education Department in a timely fashion.
- Interact with claims staff, attorneys and physicians regarding reports on an as needed basis.
- Retrieve and collect physician background info from various resources for reports.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensures loss coding is completed for CMS reporting (4Xs/year).
FOJP Service Corporation is one of the largest insurance and risk management organizations in the country and a leader in the risk management community. Since 1977, FOJP has administered property and casualty insurance programs for a group of major hospitals, long-term care facilities, and social service agencies in the metropolitan New York area. Some of the city’s most important and highly regarded academic medical centers – and more than 10,000 physicians –participate in FOJP’s professional liability insurance program, the first of its kind in the nation.
As risk management advisor to its clients, FOJP has a deep interest in initiatives to reduce patient injury and improve clinical outcomes. FOJP systematically collects and analyzes data on incidents, losses, and claims; help identify potential hazards; investigates adverse patient incidents; and provides claims administration and litigation management services. Through publications, seminars, education, and training courses, the company helps health care professionals respond to new developments in medicine and insurance regulation.
FOJP offers countless career opportunities and an environment which fosters professional advancement and success. Visit www.fojp.com to learn more about our company.
FOJP is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college education preferred.
- Medical terminology (ICD-9) certification program required. Strong knowledge of medical terminology, Anatomy & Physiology.
- Proficient in both ICD-9 & ICD-10 diagnosis & procedure coding.
- Strong writing skills also required for preparing case summaries.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a high volume of information and multi-task.
- Attention to details and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
United Audit Systems, Inc.
UASI is currently seeking experienced Coding Managers for available Interim Coding Manager engagements. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an HIM management role
- Responsible for the management of staff within the coding department and provides direction, training, and support to ensure the goals of the department are achieved
- Manage the DNFB, denied claims, and problem accounts
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels including managing staff schedules for vacations and other requests for time off
- Provide support and technical assistance to staff performing coding
- Monitor productivity of staff to ensure production goals are achieved
- Perform quality audits to ensure standards are met
- Work with other departments within the hospital as needed
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an HIM management role and is flexible, detail-oriented, has the ability to be a positive influence on others and adapts well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in Health Information Management or related field (preferred not required)
- A minimum of five years’ Supervisory experience in the HIM arena
- The ability to travel on-site
Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in Health Information Management or related field (preferred not required)
UASI recognizes that our HIM Professionals are our greatest asset an in return for your talents we offer a dynamic work environment, top salaries, and a full benefit package. Additional benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance (PPO and HSA plans available)
- Short/Long-Term disability, accrued PTO, 401(K) and referral bonuses
- Educational Allowance
- UASI’s unique approach to employee appreciation which includes birthday recognition, holiday gift selections and years of service awards
- Corporate Credit Card for travel expenses
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information, please give us a call: 800-526-0594 or send us an email: HR@uasisolutions.com
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply Online: https://uasisolutions.com/join-our-team/careers