Outpatient Coding Specialist
Outpatient Coding Specialist-Onsite (NY Area)
Position type: Independent Consultant
Part time Coder Needed for approximately 2-3 days/week onsite at client in New York. Training is on-site and then as-needed. Position will transition to remote.
- Perform ICD-10 diagnosis/procedure coding & CPT coding for hospital-based outpatient cases and same day surgery (including Cardiac Catheterizations).
- Abide by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and CMS.
- Adhere to the AHA Official Coding Guidelines, AMA CPT Guidelines and UHDDS definitions.
- Perform abstracting and data entry of codes and abstract items as pertinent to the account requirements.
- Perform charge validation for supplies used in cardiac procedures
- Query physicians when code assignments are not straight forward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keep abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements and maintain coding credential requirements.
- Achieve and maintain coding productivity standards for each specific account.
- Achieve and maintain a 95% coding accuracy rate and a 95% APC accuracy rate.
- Bring identified concerns to the coding manager for resolution
- Perform/assist in data quality reviews and audits as necessary and within scope of expertise.
- Assist in other OP coding related projects as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in ICD-10 diagnosis/procedure coding and CPT coding.
- Proficiency in modifier assignment.
- Must have a working knowledge of APC’s with a minimum of 2 years of coding experience in an acute care hospital setting or ambulatory care facility
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities and techniques required along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail is required.
- This is an on-site position to start with a transition to remote.
Preferred Qualifications:Education Qualifications:
Educational Requirements: Candidate should possess a credential as CCS, CCS-P, COC, or CPC-H. RHIA or RHIT will be considered if experienced in CPT coding.
Independent Consultant Position:
Rate: $35/hour Remote Work and $40/hour Onsite Work
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email resume to Carrie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org