RHIA/RHIT Exam Reimbursement Application
HIMANYC will reimburse the cost of the credentialing examination for Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) for new graduates who pass the examination within 6 months of graduation from an CAHIIM accredited HIA or HIT program. In order to receive reimbursement, they must meet all criteria outlined by this policy.
Criteria for Reimbursement Award
The examination candidate must meet the following criteria:
- must be a member, in good standing, of HIMANYC for a minimum of 6 months prior to graduation/program completion
- must be a graduate of a CAHIIM accredited HIA or HIT program
- must live, work, or attend a CAHIIM accredited program in NYC.
- must take the exam no more than 6 months beyond the date of graduation (course completion) as stated on the college transcript
Application and scheduling of the examination is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
Application for reimbursement is the sole responsibility of the graduate.
Procedure for Reimbursement
Upon achieving a passing grade as established by AHIMA, the student can apply for reimbursement.
Note: the following documents must be attached to the application (see appendix) and emailed to the treasurer.
- Written proof from AHIMA of passing grade for the certification examination.
- Proof of program completion date (unofficial transcript indicating degree conferred date or letter from program on educational institution letterhead).
- Receipt for proof of payment (cancelled check or printout of receipt for on-line registration).
- Proof of residing or working in NYC (ex: driver’s license, utility bill, work ID badge, letter from HR)
Request for reimbursement must be within 60 days of the date on the passing grade notification.