Senior Medical Audit Analyst
Montefiore Medical Center
The Sr. Medical Audit Analyst is responsible for the accuracy, consistency and quality of coding using recognized disease and procedure coding classifications (ICD-10, ICD-O, CPT- 4 HCPCS etc.).
This position is in Tarrytown, NY.
- Perform ongoing medical record reviews, evaluate and correct all cases flagged by editing software to address issues with grouper methodology and ensure appropriate reimbursement for the hospital for records and to identify training needs
- Coordinate workflow for the coding function provide feedback on delays in processing, problems with software application, to ensure efficient workflow, meet target numbers and prevent backlogs
- Provide aid to Coding Manager in capturing and monitoring statistics and in conducting in-service training for appropriate staff
- Monitor accuracy and timeliness of reporting for various mandated registries: congenital malformations, Alzheimer disease, tubal sterilization, spontaneous abortions, etc. to ensure that NYS DOH regulations are strictly followed and to reduce cause for citation
- Analyze data reports for trends and impact of coding classification updates and changes to groper methodology to provide information for revenue forecasting and strategic planning
- Participate in workshops and training sessions to maintain knowledge of changing rules and update understanding of coding classifications and grouper methodology.
- Assist in training and education of new staff, and conduct educational sessions as appropriate
- Candidate for this position must have satisfactorily completed a course in Coding using ICD -10 CM, ICD-10 PCS and CPT4 and other applicable disease and procedure coding classifications
- Experience reviewing and abstracting records for patients in all levels of care in a complex health care environment
- Two (2) years related experience. Experience in HIM preferred
- Certification as an RHIA, RHIT, CCS and/or CCS-P, CPC and similar certification is required
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To be considered:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a résumé, cover letter summarizing their interest and background to Ann Marie Atako, AATAKO@montefiore.org.